Saturday, June 6, 2009

Energy Soup

When I attended the Living Food's Institute, we made energy soup every day. It is really a drink and not a soup.
It is thick & creamy and not heated at all.

We used ingredients such as greens (I mainly use kale or collard greens), sprouted mung beans, sprouted lentils, sunflower greens, buckwheat greens, dulse, avocado, and apple.

It didn't taste wonderful, but it wasn't really bad either. We drank this throughout the day. By day two, I was really getting into drinking it, and actually starting to like it.

I can't say that I love energy soup, but for some reason, I crave this and drink it every day. In the close to 3 months since I returned from the Living Foods Institute, I think I've missed making (and drinking) this only 3 days.

I think my body is craving it since it is full of enzymes and nutrients.

I look forward to my energy soup every day!!

You can find the recipe here: Energy Soup Recipe

2 comments:

sibyl3 said...

Hi Viveca! I'd love this recipe. Thanks for sharing and for your blog! Amy

Viveca Park, Personal Trainer said...

Energy Soup

1/2 - 1 apple
1/2 cup sprouted lentils
1/2 cup sprouted mung beans
1 TBS Dulse or Kelp (powdered, or 1 tsp granulated)
1 handful buckwheat greens
1 handful sunflower greens
1/2 -1 avocado
3-4 cups filtered water or Rejuvelac
4 cups of kale, collard greens or mixed greens

In a Vita-Mix, place about 1 TBS dulse or kelp and add about 3-4 cups rejuvelac or water.

Add greens. The most important greens to use are those greens from your indoor garden such as sunflower greens and buckwheat greens. Other greens, such as cilantro, watercress, parsley, celery, are good too. Basically, any healthy organic greens can be used. Fill the blender as full as possible and blend the greens lightly. Turn the blender off and allow the contents to settle. Keep adding greens and blending lightly until there is about 1 1/2 inch of space left at the top of the blender. Add more liquid as needed.

This list of basic ingredients and amounts is intended only as a guideline. Use your own judgment and allow for your own creativity. Occasionally, you might want to add different ingredients such as peeled cactus, sweet potatoes or carrots, but the basic ingredients should always be included. The most important elements, and the ones that you will use in the largest quantity, are the greens.

Energy Soup will keep through the day if refrigerated. Soup left out will ferment and become strong tasting. Dehydrate any leftover soup so nothing is wasted.