Friday, November 27, 2009

Lifefood Gourmet


I FINALLY MADE IT!!! Today I took my parents to the Miami airport. Since I have been wanting to get down to Miami for over one and half years, it gave me the opportunity to go to Miami and finally get to Lifefood Gourmet.

I have to say that it was well worth the wait! I got misplaced along the way since my GPS didn't want to cooperate. John was very patient and helpful each of the 3 times I called for assistance.

Once I arrived, he met me with a smile. He was behind the counter preparing food for the women who had arrived previously.

The restaurant is cozy in size, but the food is fit for a 5-star, spacious restaurant. I decided to try the pizza because the crust was different than most of the raw food pizzas I have tried. I wasn't sure what I would think of pumpkin cream "cheese," but it was very tasty--not what I expected. I was very happy with my personal-sized pizza.

Now, for the dessert....YUM. I asked if they had cheesecake. John said they didn't, but they had a special today. It was pumpkin pie. I had a couple variations of pumpkin pie at a potluck I attended yesterday, but decided to give it a try anyway.

I was VERY happy I did. The pumpkin pie far exceeded my expectations! It had been removed from the freezer about 20 minutes or so before I got it. It felt a little frosty as I put my fork into it. It reminded me of a gourmet pumpkin ice cream. It was all I could do not to take another piece home for later!

Before leaving, I found out that John sells fresh coconut water in glass bottles. I bought one for a treat for later.

I will definitely go back to Lifefood Gourmet the next time I go to Miami. I may find 3 other people to share a ride with me.



For you convenience, I have listed the link below in the link section.

No comments: