Friday, April 24, 2009

Back in town

Last week my husband, Paul, & I went to Wrightsville Beach for our son's wedding. We took 2 days getting there and 2 days getting back. We stayed there 3 nights.

I must say that I worried about what I would be eating ahead of time--and it was for no reason. Although I guess by being concerned about what I was going to eat, helped me to prepare for the trip. I took a cooler and brought several raw food items, as well as fruit.

Since we had a kitchen at the beach condo, I brought my Vita-Mix. I brought my jars of mung bean & lentil sprouts. I was able to make my energy soup all 3 days we were at the beach.

I brought wheat grass and my portable wheat grass juicer and had my wheat grass juice 2 of the 3 days we were there.

I also made energy soup for the first day of the trip each way. I also made and brought smoothies and strawberry (almond milk) milkshakes.

I brought some soaked & dehydrated nuts with me. I had planned on making the milkshakes while there, but I forgot to bring my nutmilk straining bags. I won't forget the next time!

While eating out, I had some really nice salads. Since I don't really consider a salad a meal, I would go back to the beach condo and eat something else. I never lacked for good food. I was even able to get some sprouted lentils and mung beans at the salad bar at Lovey's Market & Cafe.

Of course, prior to my trip, I looked online for raw food restaurants and health food stores. There were no raw food restaurants in Wilmington or Wrightsville Beach, but I did find 2 good health food store.

It was a bit chilly there, although it was still sunny and nice--just not warm as Palm Beach Gardens. We had a 3-rd floor condo with a nice ocean view. We had a really nice time! All in all, I think I did a pretty good job eating healthfully.

3 comments:

geeeyejoe said...

Hello,

I found your blog while searching for info on the living foods institute. I read through your entries and it looked like a great experience - so I booked myself for a course in a couple of months. I have a question - what motel did you stay in, and what was your experience traveling to and from the motel? Would you have wanted to stay closer or farther? Thanks!

geeeyejoe said...

Hello,

I found your blog while searching for info on the living foods institute. I read through your entries and it looked like a great experience - so I booked myself for a course in a couple of months. I have a question - what motel did you stay in, and what was your experience traveling to and from the motel? Would you have wanted to stay closer or farther? Thanks!

Viveca Park, Personal Trainer said...

Send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to give you more information regarding hotels and commutes, etc. I think I can find the information that I received. Of course, LFI should be sending you some information regarding accommodations. I'm on my way out the door, but I'll be happy to e-mail or chat with you. Are you going in June?