Monday, September 29, 2008

Raw Lasagna


Yesterday I made raw lasagna for the first time. I found a recipe on the internet and wanted to give it a try. The recipe was called Vegetable Lasagna with Cashew Ricotta & Marinated Portabella. I already had the marinated Portabella mushrooms from Friday's dinner.

The cashew ricotta turned out great. I put just a little less salt and fresh basil than it called for. The marinara wasn't quite to my liking, so I added 2 dates and a small clove of garlic.

I changed the recipe slightly as I added a couple layers of fresh spinach. I massaged the spinach in a little oil first to give it more of a "cooked" texture.

Originally, I had hoped to duplicate the taste of the raw lasagna from the Soma Cafe. I knew it wouldn't be just like it since it also had the mushrooms. However, I got a different taste, but this was an unexpected good thing.

I liked everything about this lasagna. It is good that I can have something different at home and still can look forward to the other lasagna at the Soma Cafe.

No comments: