Sunday, September 7, 2008

Strawberry Cheesecake


Here is a picture of the cheesecake before I put on the topping.



Here is the finished strawberry cheesecake.

I made the cheesecake, and it was better than I anticipated. My friend, Cathy, came over, and I gave her a piece to try. I think she liked it as much as I did.

I did think that the strawberry topping was a bit sweet for me. Next time I make it, I will use either half as many dates as it called for, or no dates at all.

This was the first time that I made this recipe. I have to say that it is the recipe that I've been looking for ever since I had a piece of raw cheesecake in San Francisco about 5 years ago!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Looks delicious!! YUM! I'm curious about ingredients.....knowing you are "vegan" and equating that with "cheesecake." haha. JK. I wonder how long it will last....what did dad think?

Viveca Park, Personal Trainer said...

Dad loved it!!! He didn't think the topping was too sweet. Next time I will leave the toppings off, and we'll put our own toppings on. That way, I can make him blueberry topping.

I'll try and save you a tiny piece. The main ingredients in the 'cheese' portion is agave nectar, lemon juice and cashews.

We were down to 1/2 a cheesecake by bedtime last night. I won't eat any until after dinner tonight.