Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday Updates

I continue on my raw food journey. I have made so many new friends since becoming raw again. I am staying more than busy. In fact, I don't have enough time to do everything that I want to do. But I am having fun.

Last Sunday night, I went to a raw potluck at Graziano's Italian Cuisine. I saw a lot of people I have been meeting lately and met some new ones. We sure had a feast!

The owner, Fay, will be serving some raw food items on her daily menu. I am looking forward to eating there soon.


Here is a picture of the carrot cake that I took to the potluck.


This last week, my laptop crashed. I had to use my (unused) desktop computer for a few days while my laptop was being repaired. I didn't realize how outdated it was with all the programs. Also, it seems so slow compared to my laptop. I spent a few days updating all the necessary programs on the computer. At least I had it to use while my laptop was gone.

I got the laptop computer back and have spent the past 4 days installing and downloading programs and software that I use on my computer. Some I had cd's, some I had on an external hard drive, and some I downloaded from the internet to get the latest version.

Unfortunately, I hadn't backed up pictures, passwords, and documents for a few months. I've had to spend lots of time remembering passwords and configurations for web hosting accounts, etc. Luckily, I did have some of these saved from a while back.

About a week before my problems, my daughter, Denise, had some computer problems. After that, I thought it would be wise to do a new backup for my computer. Well, I didn't get around to it (and I thought about it the day before the "crash.") Live and learn. When was the last time you backed up photos, documents, passwords, etc.???

I have been making more crackers in my dehydrator. The other night, I tried a new recipe that tasted good. Last night I doubled a batch of crackers, because a few of my friends expressed a desire to buy some the next time I made them.

Last week I made some apple leather, and my daughter and granddaughters enjoyed it. I made another small batch last night to have on hand for my granddaughters, when they visit me.

I have been making my wheat grass juice daily. (I buy the wheat grass from Hippocrates.) Monday I will be getting some sunflower sprouts from a local grower. I am excited about this. This will be a weekly thing.

I just finished making a raw cheesecake. I guess I don't have to say it's raw since the name of my blog is Viveca's Raw Food Journey. It is a recipe I never tried before. I found it on the internet, and it looked like the recipe that I've been hunting for. It is in the freezer now. I will let you know how it turns out. Also, I'll post a picture of it here.

I need to go in the kitchen and clean up my mess now. Then I'll look for a main course type recipe to make. Something like walnut burgers. I'm tempted to make the nut loaf recipe again, but I want to try something different.

I'll try to post more often. Especially, now that the bulk of my reconstruction of this laptop has been completed. Oh yeah, now to also start on my Fitness Motivator Newsletter for September!

No comments: