Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 1

I just finished day 1 at Living Foods Institute. It was a short day because the classes don't officially start until tomorrow. Only people attending the 12-day program went today and also on day 12. The rest of the students are attending 10 days.

So today was like being pampered! I started out by getting there over an hour early. That is because I didn't know the transit system and wanted to be sure that I got there on time. It ended up that I didn't have more than a 2-minute wait when transferring from the bus to the train.

After registering, I drank some wheat grass juice. Then I relaxed until it was time for my first treatment. It was work waiting for. My first treatment was sitting in one of those massage chairs and having an Indian head massage. The areas of concentration are the neck, shoulders, head, arms and back. It lasted 45 minutes and was wonderful.

After that, I had a detox foot bath. This helps remove toxins and is also very relaxing.

Then came Bach Flower Therapy. This was very interesting. This has to do with emotions (since emotions do affect our health). After speaking with me and getting certain information regarding how I deal with things (people, life, etc.), the therapist creates a Bach Flower Therapy. I am instructed to put 3 drops in 12 ounces of water and sip for a period of time. I can repeat throughout the day. I think I may share this information at one of our upcoming meetings, if anyone is interested.

The last treatment I had was reflexology. This was also quite relaxing, as well as beneficial. The therapist could find the tension & pain I had in my neck and shoulders. This was from lugging my suitcase & laptop & backpack more than a quarter of a mile yesterday--plus the stress of flying to a new city, etc.

Then I was instructed how to use 3 different therapies that I don't need assistance. These were rebounding (just a slight bounce without your feet coming off the rebounder), chi machine (both of these help with the lymphatic system. The last one is called MedLight. It has a led light that you hold on any painful areas to help heal them. It is also used for other things.

Throughout the whole time I was there, there was a table of raw veggies, alkaline water, and a large pitcher of energy soup. We were encouraged to have as much as we wanted.

I was so energized during the day and had fun speaking with the other students, most which haven't had much exposure to the raw food lifestyle. I was telling them about Rene's kale chip recipe, and a couple asked me to e-mail them the recipe. I will do that, as well as give them Rene's website address.

That is enough for now. I will write more tomorrow night. I probably won't get back to my motel until about 7 p.m.

By the way, I think I pretty much have the transit system down. Tomorrow, I will catch the bus at 6:36 like I did today since I actually have to be there the time I arrived today. At least getting there early today was beneficial.

Oh yeah, someone tested my antioxidant level. The person who tested me was amazed. I was at the top of the chart. It was at 65,000. She is anxious to see how high it is at the end of the 12 days. Alot of people told me theirs was near the bottom. I guess she could tell that I probably wasn't attending due to a health problem.

I think I'll lay down and read a little of Brenda Cobb's book, Living Foods Lifestyle, that they gave me. I may take a power nap--I have a feeling my eyes will get heaving, and I won't be able to keep them open for long.

E-mail me if you have any questions.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Wow!!! Sounds like a GREAT first day! I'm so happy for you mom, and glad that you are getting the some much needed pampering!! Glad the transit is working out so well...so start to finish how long did it take for you to get there today? to get back?

Viveca Park, Personal Trainer said...

Less than an hour each way.

Sarah said...

wow you had time to do a blog post.